AMPERE's Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) is comprised of a panel of external experts who support the project with their technical background and expertise in different industrial domains. It is composed of high profile industrial professionals who were proposed by the project’s Executive Board and approved by the General Assembly.
The contribution of the IAB members is to build a strong industrial focus in the project:
- as advisors and observers of the project’s development
- as multipliers for result dissemination and exploitation
- as contributors of recommendations from other application domains, MDE, parallel programming, language committee and chip vendor experts.
During the whole project duration, 3-4 IAB meetings are planned to take place in order to provide a platform in where feedback about the progress of the project will be provided from an industry point of view about possible parallel platforms and their application as well as to evaluate AMPERE's Software architecture execution.
During the initial phase of the project, the role of the IAB is to provide oral and written feedback on the project’s technical requirements and connect them with the actual needs of the different industries related to the development of cyber-physical systems (CPS) and the use of advanced parallel programming models (PPM). During the middle phase of the project, the IAB will offer useful input to the discussion around the issues that need to be addressed from an industry-based perspective. During the final stages, the IAB members will have the opportunity to see and analyze the results developed in the project and offer recommendations on how they could be applicable to other industrial domains concerning CPS, embedded, IoT and smart mobility.
The AMPERE IAB members are:
- Pavel Zaykov. Lead R&D Scientist. Honeywell International s.r.o. https://www.linkedin.com/in/pgzaykov/
- Dr.-Ing. Philipp Mundhenk. Software Engineer, Product Owner, Network Architecture and System Integrator. Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmnH. https://www.linkedin.com/in/philipp-mundhenk-1849b521/
- Michael Klemm. Architecture Review Board. OpenMP. https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelklemm/
"The AMPERE technology may help us to tackle the challenges of multi-criteria optimizations in the aerospace domain." Pavel Zaykov. Lead R&D Scientist at Honeywell International s.r.o.
"AMPERE seeks to revolutionize the way distributed, heterogeneous software is developed. I look forward to the success of this project and integrating the results in my daily work." Dr.-Ing. Philipp Mundheck. Software Engineer, Product Owner, Network Architect and System Integrator at Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH.
"From the very beginning back in the 90s, the OpenMP API has focused on providing a portable and performant programming model for parallel systems. The AMPERE research project presents a unique opportunity to extend the use of the OpenMP API to wider range of computing systems with high-performance requirements, such as those needed in embedded computing." Michael Klemm. Architecture Review Board at OpenMP.